Ep. 1: Shame and Vulnerability with Francesca Budesheim
Sexual assault can happen to anyone regardless of age, gender, or race. If you are a victim, some chapters in your life are darker than others, but how do you build resilience, unfold and uncover that memory? How do you deal with the trauma, shame and regain trust?
In this episode, Francesca opens up on her sexual assault story, how it affected her marriage, and some insights into moving forward. Does sharing your story help? What about having a supportive circle? If you are wondering how you can unpeel that shame and move forward, this episode is for you!
[02:52] Francesca’s experience on shame
[04:48] What brought back the childhood memory after a long time
[08:10] Sharing out her sexual assault experience for the first time
[10:00] Did sharing your story make you relieved or nervous?
[15:19] Shifting to a supportive circle
[20:57] Francesca’s healing process
[28:53] Francesca’s marriage and being cheated on
[33:21] How to keep moving forward
- Shame loses its power when you talk about it
- Whatever you believe in creates a world around you.
- A lot of people choose to be unhappy and be in pain because that’s easier than having to figure out why you are that way.
- It is okay to be happy even though you are used to things falling apart or things feeling wrong. It is okay to embrace those moments of happiness even if they are micro-moments
- When you choose to use an experience that was painful to grow, your life just changes ten folds.
Connect with Francesca Budesheim
LinkedIn: Francensca Budesheim
Connect with Us:
Instagram: @The Well Well Podcast
Spotify: The Well Well Podcast