Ep 3: Building Healthy Relationships with Dr. Bob Beare
Episode Description – Building Healthy Relationships
In this episode, we speak to Dr. Bob Beare about building healthy relationships. Dr. Beare is the CEO of deep waters recovery networks, host of the recovery crew podcast, therapist, and coach. Dr. Beare was our couples coach when Max and I lived back in Austin and helped us build a strong relationship through a specific model, the Imago Dialogue. building healthy relationships Secondary:Imago DialogueCouples Counseling
How do you get to build a healthy relationship with your partner? Bob highlights some tools to help heal your relationships like communication styles, the Imago dialogue model, and resolution mechanisms.
What do you do if your partner is now willing to meet you halfway? Tune in to this episode for more!
[01:53] The difference between couple’s therapy and couple’s coaching – Building healthy relationships
[03:16] Communication styles between couples, relationship tools
[08:18] Basic concept from the book “Getting the Love You Want.”
[12:01] The imago dialogue model
[14:24] Advice on resolution mechanisms to your childhood triggers
[17:54] Carefully picking your partner
[20:53] Best advice for couples in case your partner is not willing to meet you halfway
[24:42] How to get out of a relationship where you can’t meet halfway
[27:25] Behavior changes requests to your partner, couples counseling
[30:27] Steps in building a relationship
Quotes – Building Healthy Relationships
- For most people, the journey of looking within doesn’t occur to us. To look outside and see this shot happening. They are doing stuff to piss me off, let me fix this, and to look within and say maybe I have a part in this, doesn’t occur to us usually.
- The first step to getting somebody to hear you is hearing them.
- Vulnerability breeds vulnerability. We all unconsciously want to heal.
- When we have wounded in our childhood the things that come out of trauma, the main product is shame. The shame turns to fear, and we try to control the world around us to mitigate the fear, and once we get into a relationship, it’s a wreck.
- A lot of relationships lack the structure, guidance, and education on how to heal each other, how to feel like you are heard, and how to resolve the conflict in a healthy way.
Connect with Dr. Bob Beare
LinkedIn: Bob Beare
Connect with Us:
Instagram: @The Well Well Podcast
Spotify: The Well Well Podcast